Saturday, September 11, 2010

College :)

Well...it sure has been a while since I wrote something. I will try to fill you in on what is happening. In May I graduated from Century High School. In June I went to youth conference at Utah State in Logan (it was AWESOME). In July my sister turned 17, My friend Brock Guthrie left on his mission to Peru, and I was in the 24th of July parade. In August I went to my 7th year of girls camp, went on an awesome float trip with my singles branch to the Mortimer's cabin( : D ), And I had a going away party for college complete with karaoke and roasting hot dogs. SEPTEMBER On the 2nd we packed up and went to Bear Lake to stay in a condo. It was pretty fun, we got to see my cousin Joanna and my aunt and uncle Bill and Barbara. Joanna also showed us the property her dad (my uncle Joe) is in the process of buying. Oh and watched Camp Rock 2 (hehehe).Then on the 4th we packed up to head to Kemmerer,Wyoming before heading to Ogden. On the way the van overheated so we had to pull over. I was driving so...it was interesting. As we sat on the side of the road waiting for it to cool off we had several people stop to see if we needed help and assured them we were fine. One in particular was a young man who, after he left my mom preceeded to tease me about. Shortly after that a DNR truck pulled up behind us. I know what your thinking DNR, do not ressusitate, but it actually means,in this case, Department of Natural Resources. After he talked to us, and my mom embarassed me :) a regular police vehicle also pulled up behind us. We talked to them for a while and then headed on our way after the car cooled off. In Kemmerer we went to a little shop that has 2nd hand stuff and fossils ( I LOVE this little shop :)). Then we also went to the JC Penny motherstore and got some school clothes. Then we headed out on our way to Ogden. We stopped in Evanston, Wyoming to switch drivers because I didnt want to drive in Utah. At Wolf Creek we stayed in another condo. The pool there was awesome, even though I didnt get in...We stayed there until the morning of the 6th and then headed back to Poky. I then made sure I had everything I needed packed for college, and did a load of laundry. We headed out and got to Rexburg at about 6ish. I got my key and moved my stuff in. At the time there was two peoples stuff but no people. I got all my stuff unpacked and put away (thanks to Dee, Aiza, Mom, Steph, Millie and Abbie). Then I met the two roomates. Lexi- From San Diego California, Poli Sci major, all around awesome person :) Sarah-from Californnia/Georgia/Utah, been off mission to Temple square for about a month, El. Ed. major (like me :)), great cook, Awesome person. We didnt know who our other roomate was, so Lexi had a whole room to herself. We started calling our missing roomate Jane (Jane Doe), and referred to her often. We get along awesome and were doing great :) On Wednesday "Jane" came, her name is actually Whitney-from Oregon, English major. We are doing pretty good...no problems, it will be great :)
        I am taking German, Astronomy, Book of Mormon, Child Development(online), and History/Philosophy Education(online). So far I have enjoyed the two days of classes I have had. I am excited to learn more about the universe and cosmology, and German. It shall be great :) Got to go, I have Astonomy homework. And I will try to keep this updated :) ~Kim

1 comment:

Suzie-Q said...

Great Post. I'm so happy hear that things are going well for you. Sounds like you have wonderful roomies and you should all get along great.
Enjoy school!